Yard Sales 101
Read this tip to make your life smarter, better, faster and wiser. LifeTips is the place to go when you need to know about Organization Tips and other Home Organization topics.
How do I effectively hold a yard sale?
When you are finally ready to purge, you should consider making a profit from all of your hard work and hold a yard sale. All you need to do is set aside a set of bins or boxes for the things you decide you can do without.
- Set a date for your yard sale by looking for local events that may bring in extra people to your town.
- Assess the best traffic area for signage.
- Run on over to your town hall and get a permit if you need to think about renting tables if you don't have enough in your house.
- The week before, take a bin into your TV room each night and gradually price all of your items. (You may think just having a $1.00 table would be easier, but folks are less apt to buy when items aren't individually priced.)
- Schedule an early morning for your sale day - post your signs and set up your tables.
Remember - if you put an ad in the paper, expect early birds - the most avid yard-sailors always hit the sales early looking for the best bargains!