Read this tip to make your life smarter, better, faster and wiser. LifeTips is the place to go when you need to know about Outdoors & Backyard and other Home Organization topics.
There's nothing like a roaring fire on a cold winter's day. Many people shy away from this pleasure because they don't want to have to deal with the hassle of storing firewood. Firewood storage doesn't have to be an issue, however. There are many ways in which on can organize firewood:
• An outdoor storage shed can be erected for the sole purpose of storing firewood. This is ideal because the wood stays dry as it's protected from the elements.
• A firewood rack will keep logs neatly stacked. They come in different sizes and styles. Some are more decorative than others, all are functional.
• A large bin will keep logs stacked and hidden from view. A bin with a lid will help to keep the wood dry.
• A firewood cart not only keeps wood stacked and neat, but it can be conveniently wheeled to its destination.
• Firewood baskets help stack small bundles of wood such as those needed for chimineas and small, portable deck and patio fireplaces.
|Jennifer Mathes, Ph.D.|